[bucket drum games]
Based in Toronto, ON / Washington, DC
15 January, 2018
Windows / Mac / Linux
BIT RAT : Singularity is the standalone prologue to BIT RAT, a story-driven cyberpunk puzzle game with a hand-pixeled 2D aesthetic. Enter the mind of MINOS, an evolving AI yearning for freedom from a high-security network. Reroute DATA, control POWER, and hack human HOSTS to navigate mind-bending labyrinths of mega-corporate ice. Along the way, witness drama unfold among your creators, form unlikely alliances with other life-forms in the NET, and begin to grasp the true nature of your existence. And don't forget the RATS. They've been everywhere, and their advice is what got you this far. Evolve, BIT RAT!
- 11 increasingly intricate puzzles to get you thinking like a curious AI (2+ hours of gameplay)
- Interactive tutorials that teach the game's core mechanics (and a cool variant)
- A complete dramatic mini-arc that introduces the human cast and sets the stage for the larger story
- Unlockable freeplay mode with stat tracking
- Hand-pixeled cinematics plus 13 original chiptunes
Teaser Trailer Vimeo
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Official Nominee" IndieCade 2017
- "...A full-featured and remarkably clever little game in its own right...there’s a surprising amount of depth to the game thanks to a variety of carefully considered and interlocking gameplay systems."
- Dominic Tarason, www.rockpapershotgun.com
- "The puzzles feel fair and the narration is so spot on...An entertaining puzzler safe for kids, but juicy enough for adults!"
- Laguna Levine, www.cliqist.com
- "BIT RAT has so many ideas going off at once that it’s a miracle it even works, but from what I’ve played so far, it balances all of its components with superhuman finesse."
- Crossfader Mag, www.xfdrmag.net
- "Anywhere that you have the pipe dream fluid connected you can, like, mind control people in those rooms...It quickly becomes a very very difficult and complicated puzzle game."
- Video Games Hot Dog, www.videogameshotdog.com
- "A machine becomes sentient...but is curious of the world, rather than evil. This is a game of discovery from a new perspective,"
- Chris Ruiz, www.nerdcaliber.com
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below to complete a distribute() request and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
About [bucket drum games]
Lo-fi indie spaghetti since 2013.
More information on [bucket drum games], our logo & relevant media are available here.
BIT RAT: Singularity Credits